The alfalfa (medicago sativa) is a goldmine for extracting healthy vitamins and minerals for the body. The nutritious juice that is derived from alfalfa is named chlorophyll. Alfalfa chlorophyll is almost exactly the same as human hemoglobin. Because of its many health benefits, alfalfa chlorophyll is often considered to be a great detox agent as well as body cleanser.
- Alfalfa chlorophyll has a lot of uses for treating conditions. Some conditions and diseases that can be treated by alfalfa chlorophyll include liver problems, intestinal disorders, arthritis, nausea, jaundice, rheumatism, lupus, gout, fatigue, tooth decay, skin disorders, ulcers, Cushing’s disease and various others.
- It’s important to know exactly what the benefits of alfalfa chlorophyll are. Alfalfa is full of calcium, so much that the ashes in its leaves are 99% calcium. Also, alfalfa is full of beta carotene which improves the strength of the immune system as well as the internal mucous membranes. Alfalfa chlorophyll is also packed full with vitamins A, B1, B6, B12, C, E, K1, folic acid, biotin, pantothenic acid, niacin and between 15% and 25% of proteins.
Cleansing and Detoxing
- The chlorophyll in alfalfa is a great body cleanser, infection fighter and deodorizer. Alfalfa chlorophyll is capable of breaking down harmful carbon dioxide and reducing anaerobic bacteria action. This is a great way to combat bad breath.
- Alfalfa chlorophyll is vital because of its high Vitamin A content (as well as enzymes). Vitamin A is essential for maintaining and constructing healthy skin, both on the inside and outside. Your complexion will improve and dry skin will be reduced. The skin will also be less infection-prone. As for the inner skin (mucous membrane), the nose, stomach, throat and intestine linings will all be improved by the consumption of more Vitamin A with alfalfa chlorophyll.
- Alfalfa chlorophyll is also full of Vitamin K which is a vitamin that is great for the production of fibrin in the body. Fibrin protects the body from hemorrhaging by assisting the blood in proper clotting. For every 100 grams of fibrin, there are between 20,000 to 40,000 units of healthy Vitamin K.
- Alfalfa chlorophyll also has important wound healing and anti-inflammatory properties, and is full of antioxidants which help fight free radicals. Alfalfa chlorophyll is also capable of enhancing delivery of oxygen by the blood and efficiently transmitting magnesium to the cells.